Monday, July 20, 2009

¡Quinta Asignación! = Fifth Assignment!

My apologies for not updating this assignment up earlier.
So yeah, I took quite some time to complete my profile picture for my Facebook group which is 'Support Peta!'
I had a whole lot of ideas to mix around elements but I chose to make it as simple as possible.
With this, I took about 4 hours to actually create my face and background in relation to what my group is all about.
It wasn't as stunning as I expected it to be, but it was satisfactory to me.
In this assignment, I decided to use these 3 pictures to merge them altogether:
The Background

My Face


The Foreground

During the process, I initially took quite a long time to experiment with the tools in Photoshop.
I wanted to see which examples are the best samples and goes well with my Facebook group.
I used Move, Zoom, Lasso, Air Brush, Eraser, Air Brush and also the Clone Stamp.
Then I played around with the Hue/Saturation and the Colour Balances.
Not to forget, I mixed the foreground with the background using the Darken Blending Mode.
Adding warmth to the background was a nice mixture to the colour preservation of the foreground while adding film grains to the picture.
Last but not least, creating a type at the bottom right of the pic, adding a border/frame and sharpening the picture sums it up.
The Output: (click on the picture to view it at my Facebook group)

Professor Utonium :)

No comments:

Post a Comment